BI Increased The Portion Of The Productive Credits

Indonesia Bank (BI) set up a series of rules to encourage the channeling of credit to productive sectors. The greater the capital bank, the larger the share of productive credit should be channeled. Interestingly, the least BI set it should be 20 percent for micro, small, and medium business.

“We want to make sure the function of intermediary are on the right track. To that end, on each business group the bank set a target of productive credit that must be met for each bank,” said Bank Indonesia Governor, Darmin Nasution, the annual meeting of the Principals of banking (Bankers Dinner) at Bank Indonesia on Friday November 23, 2012.

Target credit entered into productive business activities and setting beleid expanding office network based on capital. BI split the four groups according to the bank’s capital.

One group contains a bank with a capital of USD 100 billion to less than IDR 1 trillion. Two groups, the bank with a capital of IDR 1 trillion to less than $ 5 trillion. A group of three, the bank with a capital of IDR 5 trillion to less than IDR 30 trillion, and lastly, the Group of four with a capital of IDR 30 trillion.

BI is targeting banks in group one to supply 55 percent of its credit to the productive sectors, groups of two to supply 60 percent of the group, the three channel 65 percent, and a group of four channel 70 percent. “In the target also includes a SMALL credit for a minimum of 20 percent,” he said.

Baca juga:  Commission Finale Set the The Presidential Elections 2014, Positive Market Sentiment

The Bank is already supplying 20 percent of its credit to the SMEC will get preferential treatment when it wants to open a office network. Despite the calculation of allocation of core capital, banks have been unable to open new offices, supervisory activities through BI analysis could provide an exception.

The obligation to supply 20 percent credit to SMALL sectors also entered other BI beleid, i.e. in the rules for the financing of SMALL public bank. A spokesman for BI, Difi Johansyah, reveal, public bank is obliged to give a portion of at least 20 percent of the total distribution of credit to sectors of SMALL. As for its application is done gradually.

Stages that is taking place from 2013 to 2018. Difi explained, by 2013-2014, the portion of the distribution is still delivered to the respective bank. In 2015, the new BI requires the bank to supply at least 5 percent of the total credit to SMALL. In 2016, 2017 and 2018, the obligation of the bank continues to rise from 10 percent, 15 percent, then 20 percent.

According to Difi, so far, the average distribution of SMALL credits are in the range of 20 percent. However, this is new in the industry. Through this new rule, expected BI each bank could provide a larger portion. “The industry Is already, just want to be higher,” he said.

Banks with a limited number of branches, says Difi, can also provide an indirect credit. For example through the Agency of The People (BPR).

Baca juga:  Pertamina Has Acquisition Three Subsidiary Of The Anadarko

Chairman of the Association of National General banks (scandal Perbanas), Sigit Pramono, judging many banks already qualified set of BI. As long as the category of SMALL credit i.e. below Rp 5 billion. However, according to Sigit’s works, not closing the possibility there is a bank that is difficult to adjust.

“There are difficulties, there are banks that already meet, there is excessive,” he said.

President Director of PT Bank Mandiri, Zulkifli, Zain I assess positively the BI policy. “I think it’s good. Banks do not give credit to its credit-consumer, “he said.

Thus, according to Zulkifli, all banks participated in the development of the real sector. Not only are consumer credit related only. So far, according to Zulkifli, Bank Mandiri credit to productive sectors have penetrated 70 percent.

Related posts

Leave a Comment